Infection control is always a top priority for our practice. Our processes are made so that when you receive care, it's both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, California Dental Association, California Department of Public Health, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, CDC, and OSHA. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations.
The following are some of the additional measures we're taking to keep you and our team safe:
- We are screening and taking temperatures of all patients.
- To keep the waiting room clear, we're asking that patients wait in their car until we are ready. We ask that only the patient come into the office (exceptions are 1 guardian or 1 caretaker).
- You'll see sneeze guards at our front desk area as well as hand sanitizer throughout the office.
- Everyone is required to wear a face mask while in the office.
- We've reduced capacity to accommodate physical distancing.
- Although we've always used rubber dams and high speed evacuation, which are significant in aerosol reduction, we have also added extra aerosol reducing systems: DryShield and an extraoral vacuum unit for each provider.
- We have air purifiers with hepa filters and UVC lights to each operatory and around the office.
- We fog each room after use with hypochlorous acid (used in wound healing as well as in hospitals as a disinfectant).
- Our team consistently reviews disinfection and Covid-19 safety guidelines.
We ask that you please reschedule if you have had a fever, new loss of taste or smell, cough or trouble breathing, sore throat, GI upset, tingling of extremeties. If you are NOT fully vaccinated and have contact with any COVID-19 positive patients or have traveled out of the state or country within 10 days, we ask that you reschedule your appointment. Thank you for partnering with us to keep you and our team safe.