Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and our processes are made so that when you receive care, it's both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, California Dental Association, California Department of Public Health, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, CDC, and OSHA. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations.
The following are some of the additional measures we're taking to keep you and our team safe:
- We're screening and taking temperatures of all patients.
- To keep the waiting room clear, we're asking that patients wait in their car until we are ready. We ask that only the patient come into the office (exceptions are 1 guardian or 1 caretaker).
- You'll see sneeze guards at our front desk area as well as hand sanitizer throughout the office.
- Everyone is required to wear a face mask while in the office.
- We've reduced capacity to accommodate physical distancing.
- To keep aerosol production down, we will not be polishing or using the ultrasonic scaler during cleaning appointments. Although we've always used rubber dams and high speed evacuation, which are significant in aerosol reduction, we will be adding extra aerosol reducing systems: DryShield and an extraoral vacuum unit for each provider.
- We've added air purifiers with hepa filters to each operatory and around the office.
- We fog each room after use with hypochlorous acid (used in wound healing as well as in hospitals as a disinfectant).
We ask that you please reschedule if you have had a fever, new loss of taste or smell, cough or trouble breathing, sore throat, GI upset, tingling of extremeties, or contact with any COVID-19 positive patients (without proper PPE) within 2 weeks of your appointment.